It is so true what they say about everything changing
when you have a baby. I never in my wildest dreams
thought I'd willingly sign up to run a 5k (I am NOT
the runner in the family). Or that Bella would take a
backseat to anyone, not that I love her less! Or that I
ever thought a vacation would be work. Or that I'd be the
least bit excited about seeing anyone at 7:30 in the
morning (please note: I am not excited every morning, but
it is a massive improvement from my prior life). Or that
my mind would be consumed by measurements of ounces
and minutes of sleep or minutes of play or numbers
of times laying on the tummy vs. back vs. sitting up.
But what a privilege it all is!
She adores us!
when you have a baby. I never in my wildest dreams
thought I'd willingly sign up to run a 5k (I am NOT
the runner in the family). Or that Bella would take a
backseat to anyone, not that I love her less! Or that I
ever thought a vacation would be work. Or that I'd be the
least bit excited about seeing anyone at 7:30 in the
morning (please note: I am not excited every morning, but
it is a massive improvement from my prior life). Or that
my mind would be consumed by measurements of ounces
and minutes of sleep or minutes of play or numbers
of times laying on the tummy vs. back vs. sitting up.
But what a privilege it all is!
She adores us!
And the looks of wonderment are priceless!
And the silliness...
And the laughter...
Or pictures that prove there IS a neck under all those cheeks!
I just want to revel in these moments.


Julia,
ReplyDeleteYou are so well spoken and we have enjoyed traveling along with you as we learn more and more about the Witbecks and specifically sweet little Charlotte!
Have a blessed weekend!
julia
So true about the neck. Our daughter Madeleine's neck emerged at about ten months. (I am one of Adam's classmates)
ReplyDeleteShe is the most precious baby-- I've enjoyed sharing along with your family (also a classmate of Adam's)
ReplyDelete