Friday, June 24, 2011

Introducing Emma

After a "maternity" blogging break,
I am back to report that Emma
has arrived and we are all doing
exceptionally well!

Everything about Emma can be described as
easy... Her birth, the days to follow and even now.
Her personality is already showing itself
and she is wonderful! We can't get enough!



We were induced on Friday morning, June 24th. I came in
at 4 cm dilated and 70% effaced.

9 AM: Pitocin was started
10 AM: My OB broke my water
10:30 AM: I ordered my epidural
(I had to endure about an hour of hard labor
before I could receive my epidural. I didn't
experience that with Charlotte and it was a shock!)
11:30 AM: I received my epidural (I LOVE modern medicine)
Rest and relaxation until around 4, when Emma's heart
rate kept dropping with each contraction. They placed
an internal monitor on her and gave me oxygen,
but it kept dropping each time. They called my
OB to assess the situation, but when they checked me,
I was 10 cm and fully effaced, ready to push!
5:00 PM: I pushed through two contractions
5:09 PM: Emma was born!
Her umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck, which
explained why her heart rate kept dropping. We are
beyond grateful to have her with us! She is perfect!



She still falls asleep when held like this!
She loves to cuddle!

She rarely cries, and she usually just wants to be held.

She has captured our hearts!

Emma Olivia
6/24/2011
5:09 PM
8 lbs. 1 oz
20 1/4 inches

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful!! i love the details of the labor and birth- perfect amount! :) congratulations to the witbeck's! love you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the labor and delivery details! Congrats on sweet baby Emma!

    ReplyDelete